Policies and Procedures
Solicitation of Pass-through Block Grants
Solicitation of Project Proposals: When Block grant initiatives are passed through by the State Office of Criminal Justice Services, Department of Youth Services or other state office the Office of Justice Policy and Programs (OJPP) shall:
- Solicit project proposals in a timely manner.
- Provide technical assistance to applicants.
- Perform administrative review of all applications to ensure compliance to federal, state, local rules/directives, and integration with the - Franklin County Comprehensive Strategic Justice Plan.
- Develop a numerical review matrix for each block grant and distribute applicable matrix with copies of applications for Board sub-committee review.
- Develop and submit to the Franklin County Criminal Justice Planning Board a funding plan based on the administrative and Board sub-committee review.
- Prepare contracts, awards, and sub-grant conditions for each project recommended to be funded in the block.
- Submit, by Resolution, to the Franklin County Board of Commissioners each block-funding plan including contract and award packets for individual projects that comprise the block funding plan.
Upon approval of the Franklin County Board of Commissioners, OJPP shall deliver project contract awards and provide fiscal and programmatic start-up training to sub-grantees/implementing agencies. Funds will be dispersed to sub-grantees/implementing agencies on a quarterly basis contingent upon timely submission of required fiscal and programmatic reports and compliance to sub-grant conditions.
OJPP staff will perform desk and field monitoring of all funded projects on an at least quarterly basis. Projects that fail to demonstrate progress toward measurable stated goals and objectives will be monitored on a more frequent basis.
Funding Plan Variation
OJPP staff will administratively recommend to the Board of Franklin County Commissioners, by Resolution, the allocation or reallocation of block funds for new or innovative projects as funds become available due to reduction, de-obligation, termination, or acceptance of supplemental awards from the state.
Funding Continuation Policies
OJPP does not guarantee funding for any future years beyond the scope of the specific grant. Projects must make application and will be subjected to the review process annually.
Funded projects must comply with all required reporting to receive reimbursement payment. Failure to submit timely fiscal and programmatic reports will result in suspension of funding. All reports submitted are subject to Ohio 's records laws.